Authentic saffron ingredient for eye health1-3
Recommended daily dose: 20 mg.
What is it?
First saffron extract standardized only to crocins by HPLC. It is a unique 100% natural carotenoid for eye health. Being water soluble facilitates its use in multiple galenic possibilities. Non-E-number.
- 100% traceable product from Spain. 100% Vertically Integrated.
- Raw material, Premium quality saffron stigmas DNA genetically certified (100% Crocus sativus L.).
- Bioactive compounds analyzed by liquid chromatography HPLC (>3% crocins).
- Stable product: more than 3-years shelf life when stored in the dark and in dry condition at room temperature.
- Non-irradiated. Non-GMO product.
- High dose accuracy1.
- Microbiologically stable ingredient1.
The study published in the International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science, suggest that affron®EYE is a microbiological stable ingredient with high dosage accuracy and improve the overall colour, taste and flavour in cold dishes1.
"Helps recovery from retinal damage"
Saffron supplementation, like AFFRON®EYE, modestly improved visual function in participants with AMD. Given the chronic nature of AMD, longer-term supplementation may produce greater benefits2. Moreover, a randomized clinical trial showed that in patients with early AMD, dietary supplementation with saffron was able to improve significantly the retinal flicker sensitivity3.
- Almodóvar, P., et al. “affron® eye, a natural extract of saffron (Crocus sativus L.) with colorant properties as novel replacer of saffron stigmas in culinary and food applications.” International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science 12 (2018): 1-5.
- Bisti, S., et al. “Saffron and retina: Neuroprotection and pharmacokinetics.” Visual neuroscience 31.4-5 (2014): 355-361.
- Broadhead, Geoffrey K., et al. “Saffron therapy for the treatment of mild/moderate age-related macular degeneration: a randomised clinical trial.” Graefe’s Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology 257.1 (2019): 31-40.
Disclaimer: The statements and information contained in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or EFSA. The ingredients featured in this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.