Weight control is a concern for everyone because of the various conditions that result from being overweight or obese. CSAT+ has proven that it can help with weight management, with incredible results.
Anyone who has unsuccessfully tried to manage their weight knows how frustrating the process and how discouraging the results can be. There is an abundance of different products targeted at this very large potential market, some with merit but many making unvalidated claims. How does one navigate this landscape of ingredients purporting to help people manage their weight? The short answer is to look to the data and the quality of the scientific studies conducted.
It seems that obesity does not discriminate. In adults, across sexes, races and age groups, one in three are overweight, two in five are obese, and one in eleven are severely obese.1 To tackle the effects of being overweight, focusing on what the eye can see is not enough. Often the excess pounds are accompanied by life-threatening conditions that together make up the metabolic syndrome, a syndrome that puts you at greater risk of coronary heart disease, stroke and other conditions that affect the blood vessels.
Is there an all-natural, safe, and effective way to support weight management while regulating cholesterol and triglyceride balance? According to clinical research and the results of published scientific studies, the carob tree, precisely specific bioactive compounds stemming from the pods and seeds of the plant, may help achieve this and more.
Carob tree (or in Latin Ceratonia siliqua L.) is cultivated in most Mediterranean countries and traditionally used as a fibre source. As with other plant-based ingredients, the challenge lies in standardizing the dose and quality of the plant’s active ingredients. Pharmactive Biotech Products S.L.U has succeeded in doing this by using a patented and sustainable manufacturing process to create a unique proprietary blend of bioactive compounds standardized to ≥36% galactomannan, ≥2% oligofructose and 1% polyphenols.
These three bioactive compounds work together in CSAT+® to regulate appetite control and blood glucose levels while having a desirable metabolic and cardiovascular effect.
- Galactomannans are polysaccharides of large molecular weight that have a satiating effect and can help control appetite.2
- Oligofructose is a small, low-calorie dietary prebiotic fibre that nourishes certain symbiotic intestinal bacteria such as Bifidobacterium spp, thereby supporting the immune system and improving lipid metabolism and glucose blood levels.3,4
- Polyphenols are potent antioxidants which have been shown to improve the lipid profile, have anti-inflammatory properties, and to decrease fat accumulation in adipose tissue in vitro. Because polyphenols are associated with pancreatic and saliva α-amilase inhibition, they may reduce glucose absorption in specific target organs. 5,6,7
The scientific evidence for the use of CSAT+® for attenuating a variety of cardiometabolic alterations linked to metabolic syndrome is convincing.
In vivo study results showed that fructans from carob extract help to manage the weight and decreased caloric intake during meals. The results showed lower energy intake, a lower body weight and less triacylglycerol accumulation in the lever, significant at p<0.05.8,9
The effect of CSAT+® on cardiometabolic alternations associated with metabolic syndrome:
In vivo test results compared outcomes after 26 weeks of a standard control diet, high fructose, high sugar diet (HFHS), and CSAT+® combined with an HFHS diet. The high content of polyphenols contained in CSAT+® and its anti-inflammatory properties enabled the reduction of fat accumulation in adipose tissue, which plays a central role in weight gain10. Furthermore, the HFHS diet, when combined with CSAT+®, significantly reduced blood glucose, Homeostatic Model Assessment of Insulin Resistance (HOMA-IR) and circulating levels of total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (LDL-c), and insulin.11 A significant increase in glycaemia (the presence of glucose in the blood), insulin circulating levels and HOMA-IR (a marker of insulin resistance) are characteristic of metabolic syndrome. Remarkably each of the undesirable alterations was attenuated by CSAT+® supplementation.
Always consider the source!
CSAT+® includes only carob extract locally sourced in Spain that has undergone a fully controlled extraction process to ensure consistently high quality and purity.
CSAT+® is water-soluble and can be incorporated into various dosage forms, including hard capsules, soft gels, syrups, powders, effervescent tabs and ampoules.
- Fryar CD, et Al, NCHS Health, 2017-2018;
- Daubioul C. et al., 2002. Nutrient Interactions and toxicity. 132,967-973
- Hidaka H. et al., 1986. Bifidobacteria Microflora 5(1), 37-50
- Yamashita K. et al., Nutrition Research. 4, 961-966
- Rice-Evans C.et al., 1995 Biochemical Society Simposia. 61, 103-116
- Rico D. et al., 2019 Heliyon. 98, 1170-1177
- Gruendel S. et al., 2007. British Journal of Nutrition. 98, 1170-1177
- Daubioul C. et al., 2002. J Nutr. 2002 May;132(5):967-73. doi: 10.1093/jn/132.5.967. PMID: 11983823
- Pasman W.J et al., 1997 Appetite 29, 77-87
- De la Fuente Fdez M et al., 2020. Antioxidants, 9-339.
Dr. Natalie Vladi, MRPharmS.
Scientific Advisor Pharmactive Biotech Products, S.L.
Managing Director Fountain House GmbH, home to the premium food supplements brand Foondiert®